Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pier fishing experience

Gulf Shores

This week, the new pier in gulf State Park is open and Alabama has the longest such structure in the gulf Coast with more than 1,500 feet. Alabama does not have a dock as hurricane Ivan destroyed the old, and I'm happy to see them.

I think now that I own a boat, I'm really not much need for a seaport. Boats that offer a lot of options that are not pillar. But tells me I can only lock onto it regardless.

A Pier play a role in my introduction to saltwater fishing. My friends from childhood days, Greg Armistead, invited me to visit him and his family for a weekend in gulf Shores, than I am 7 years old. This is the first time I was on shore since I started fishing, and I have my little Zebco reels 202 and true temper rod.

All weekend, Greg patricidal, G. Wilmer, clean my hook baited with shrimp pieces and I reeled in whiting and other small fish. Mr. Wilmer saw how I loved the fishing and this leads us to an old wooden pier smelled the salt and creosote.

I am absolutely thrilled that I can see the sheep's head and nibbling on barnacles in piling. Apparently he had a lot of Hooks, because they always steal the sense from mine.

A set of serious looking guys with long poles line the edges of dock and chatted with each other. They all wore long pants, button-up short-sleeve shirts and the old days of cheap slip on tennis shoes. I do not think any of them started all while I was there, but I wondered what they want to haul heavy equipment.

I have not a thing. In fact, about the only success I had was the rule, a crab on top before it stopped.

Travel that has a terrible rash under my arms from horseback in the water in an old black car hose, mini golf, more than allowed by law and completely block the poor with little Zebco rust. And I know that I return to my dock to the next.

If my family behind, I managed to Badger my father on a trip to the dock. At this time, the concrete pier that Hurricane Frederick was finally hammered on energy.

I fed the sheep's head all of my kindness, without managing to land one and then my attention to the serious guys at the end of the pier. They all have black Mitchell 300 spinning reels and other small rod with an odd looking rig to the end.

The small rod is their sense rod and the rig is attached to the fishing of menhaden. It consists of wire loops with a red band running it. The menhaden swam up to peck around and became ensnared in the loops.

The people were heavy weight at the end of their big sticks, and he threw the weight as far as he could. Then they had a short piece of hook and line to a swivel. The menhaden catch in the back, cut off the snap swivel on the line, which held in place by weight, and they let the menhaden slide track on the water.

There is a trolley rig. When a fish to sense the rig skidded along the track until he reached the weight. Then it stopped and the hook of the angler.

It is June and king mackerel were cruising speed close enough to the beach with dock for fishermen. They all leaned against the railing in conversations with their brown arms folded over the chest in a serious kind of way, until he got a strike.

Suddenly one of the poles and the curve of the role of drag will squeak. All men are for their staffs to see the fish. Then all but the angler with the fish rolls into a massive tangle.

The king will take off until the coils are nearly bare. In the last minute, anglers will be fish around and start fighting against them in the dock. This will take several runs before rolling to his side.

The fish was 20 feet below and the way to crank hard dead weight. Thus a person becomes a spur jetty. This is such a large treble Hooks are only four instead of three points. A heavy, cylindrical lead weight rod with hooks and a long rope is eyelet.

The men lowered the gaff gaff until it hung just below the water surface. The angler then leader of the King until he was exhausted directly above the pier gaff. Yank the gaff man with rope, drop the points in the King and then drag it to the rope.

I was intrigued and dying in one of the great kings. I bought a Mitchell 300 and tried my hand at it, but not successful. I remember walking with heavy fishing pier watching what they did.

I stood next to a poor man and asked him all kinds of questions. I do not know what he will be eligible to make such a stipulation, but I finally completely wore his patience.

"The fishermen are silent," he said to me after an infinite torrent of questions.

I think that colleagues about each time I apply for a child who worries you to death.

You can learn a lot on a pier. When I was 14, I was on a school trip to Panama City and the only man in a tackle. I went to a pier and reeled some Hard tail.

I was for many years, perhaps from mid ng'70s until the early 90s, with no fishing pier. When I return to the gulf Shores Pier, I discovered that some things have changed, but some not.

I stopped and bought a car and the rig for menhaden helpfulness outfit. I quickly discovered that the car was difficult for anglers, with their heavy free-line live sense. In fact, trolley rigs are banned at the end of the pier, where the heavy men fished.

It is August, and the king is far from shallow water. They were all great to catch Spanish mackerel.

A small boy stood next to casting and popping a small white jig. Every few casts, a Spaniard will taste it and he will roll in

Most Spanish easily brought lure wire leader. But these are very well trained and hook shy. He has a 80-pound monofilament as a leader.

I bought a pair of devices and tried a wire-line and not become a hit. I have the device with a bare line, and got cut off. It is always something you need in your tackle box, no need.

Serious fishermen are more intense than ever. They Drew small car ring 10 or rod holders. Each with a holder of a rod and the car was loaded combat.

I was a good piece of "shooting". The skeet range, most people are happy to give you advice and help you. The mole is a far different place. They compete for the same fish, and most people, their secret to themselves.

Strong fishing pier are all the regulars and either or persons often in place. They believed that they actually had a stake in the Pier and not suffer outsiders, and other fools. He had other tourist right to strike a decent conversation.

I do not know what this leads to an insider, but I knew that I was not long enough to make a poem to make it a vacation.

I have not really caught a lot of moles, but I saw enough to know that the fish was caught.

Over time, I began to need boats with different people and then myself.

The boat is actually a better way to fish as a pillar. But this is a completely different experience. And the great things that people have the opportunity to experience it again in Alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment